If you received a Federal Perkins loan, you must complete an Exit Interview if you graduating, transferring, drop below the required six credit hours or leave the campus, even for just one semester. The Exit Interview will provide a detailed explanation of repayment, deferment, and cancellation privileges along with answering specific questions about loans.
*Please note the Federal Perkins Loan Exit Interview is a SEPARATE requirement from any other loan exit interviews that you may be required to complete. (For example, Stafford Loans)
Exit Interview Instructions
- Access ECSI's website by clicking on https://heartland.ecsi.net/
- Select Students & Borrowers
- Choose Sign in or Register
- Create a new account, if you do not have one. *** You will need your ECSI Key to connect your account to your profile. Contact ECSI if you do not have your key at (888) 549-3274 ***
- Under your Student Loans & Accounts Receivable Account, the Exit Interview will be located on the Documents tab.
Please be advised that a HOLD will be placed on your account for unmet Perkins Loan requirements, preventing access to transcripts and further class registration.
If you have any questions regarding your loans or the Exit Interview process, please contact: Lauren Taylor at (828) 262-2113 or ECSI at (888) 549-3274