ASU offers many convenient ways to pay your account balance.
CREDIT or DEBIT CARD PAYMENT ONLINE
(Visa, Mastercard, or American Express)
Payments are made through either the Student Appalnet or the Parent Portal. ASU does not assess credit card convenience fees at the present time. We do not accept payment over the phone.
Via the Student Appalnet: Select the Self Service tab; select the Student Tab; select the Student Accounts link; select the Account Detail by Term Link; select the PAY NOW button.
Via the Parent Portal: Login with the 9-digit Student Banner ID and your 6-digit pin; select the Student Accounts link; select the Review Account; select a Term; select the PAY NOW button.
* Parent Portal access is granted by the Student on the Parent Access link of the Student Tab on the Appalnet. If a parent pin needs to be reset (if it is forgotten) or an email address needs to be updated, the student must do this by selecting the same Parent Access link on their Appalnet and entering the new information and submitting. More information on Parent Access and the FERPA law can be found at this link: http://www.registrar.appstate.edu/ferpa.html
Note: ASU does NOT store credit card information. Credit/debit card account information must be entered each time a payment is made.
BY MAIL TO: OVERNIGHT MAIL:
ASU Student Accounts Office ASU Student Accounts Office
ASU Box 32005 John E. Thomas Hall, Room 215
Boone, NC 28608 287 Rivers St
Boone, NC 28608 *
Mail check or money order made payable to "ASU CASHIER" to the address above. Please include the Student's Full Name and Student ID in the memo section of the check.
* The USPS recognizes 28608 as the zip code for Appalachian State University and will deliver overnight mail with this zip code. However, UPS and FedEx may not recognize 28608 as the correct zip code. If you choose to ship your payment overnight using UPS or FedEx, you may need to use 28607 zip code instead. *
ENROLL IN THE HIGHER ONE TUITION PAYMENT PLAN
The Higher One Tuition Payment Plan is an interest-free alternative to paying your college expenses. With two payment options for the fall and spring terms, you may break up your college expenses into five equal payments per term. The Tuition Payment Plan is not availale for summer sessions.
Available payment plans include a 10 Pay Plan (annual plan for both the fall and spring semester) or a 5 Pay Plan for one semester at a time (Fall only or Spring only).
10 Pay Plan (Annual): Enrollment begins May 15 with the first payment (June) due along with an enrollment fee of $60.00. Deadline for enrollment in this plan is August 4th. *Be sure to budget for both the Fall and Spring bill when choosing this plan.
5 Pay Plan (Semester): Enrollment begins May 15 with the first payment (June) due along with an enrollment fee of $40.00. Deadline for enrollment in this plan is August 4th. For Spring semesters, the plan opens for enrollment October 15 and ends December 21st.
Enroll in the Tuition Payment Plan on the web at: https://tuitionpaymentplan.com/appstate
or by phone at 1-800-635-0120.
IMPORTANT FACTS TO KNOW:
- Payments made to Higher One are disbursed weekly to ASU, so please be aware of the delay between your payment to Higher One and it being reflected on the Student Account at ASU.
- It is the bill payer's responsibility to ensure that the payment plan contract amount is modified as necessary to cover what is owed on the Student Account per semester. Bills from ASU will continue to be generated and they should be reviewed for this purpose. There is no cost to change or cancel your contract amount and this can be done at any time by logging into your Higher One account portal at:
- Upon completion of the Tuition Payment Plan contract, any balances left owed to ASU should be paid directly to ASU through online Credit/Debit payment or by remitting a check.
Accounts must be current in order to register for upcoming semesters - this is extremely important!
To find out how to apply for financial aid, please visit the ASU Office of Financial Aid website at www.financialaid.appstate.edu, call them at 828-262-2190 or visit them in John E. Thomas Hall, Room 265.
THIRD PARTY PAYMENTS
ASU does accept and assist with billing for those that receive outside funding such as Federal and State Tuition Assistance from Military service and other Federal and State Agency funding sources like the Workforce Investment Act, Vocational Rehabilitation, and Commission for the Blind.
We also accept and assist with State Prepaid College Plans such as Florida, Alabama, Texas, and Mississippi to name a few.
To discuss particular processes for these types of funding, please contact Jennett Reece. Authorizations must be received by ASU to verify funding and should be submitted by mail or fax only.
ASU Student Accounts
Attn: Jennett Reece
ASU Box 32005
Boone, NC 28608